SENIOR BUSINESS ARCHITECT at Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Sr, Business Architect is a senior thought leader who ensures that Ulta’s business vision, goals and strategy align with the business and IT operating model to deliver the expected business outcomes. This individual is accountable for leading the definition of business models, people, process, technology, organizational change and providing guidance on technology investments in response to internal and external drivers. This role is part of the enterprise architecture function and works closely with the Corporate Strategy team and various business areas in a highly collaborative, dynamic and fast paced environment to create a holistic enterprise business architecture and plan.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Architecture: Define the enterprise business strategy, expected outcomes and roadmaps, accounting for disruptions and trends, assessing economic models and capturing risks & interdependencies. Develop business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures to support the business strategies. Create business cases for strategic initiatives for prioritization, approval and funding.
- Business Risk Management: Define the strategy for addressing risks arising from business operations and change. Lead resources to implement the strategy via detailed planning and execution of business risk management activities.
- Business Process Management: Lead advanced modelling activities for strategic programs and across multiple business functions to produce current and target business process models in support of business strategy. Lead the definition of business process optimization goals and identifying business process efficiency improvements.
- IT Strategy & Planning: Lead the definition, implementation and communication of the organization’s strategic management framework. Oversee the creation and review of the IT strategy and plans to support the strategic requirements of the business by leveraging integrated business architecture as part of overall enterprise architecture.
- Governance: Lead the development and communication of the organization's policies for corporate governance of information and advise on strategic plans to satisfy the current and ongoing needs of the organization's business strategy and the current and future capabilities.Champion policies, practices and decisions which recognize the current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders. Manage compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions by setting policies, standards and defining best-practices.
- Relationship Management: Champion the strategy to understand stakeholder objectives and requirements, lead relationship management with the most senior stakeholders, and act as the ultimate escalation point for business strategy issue resolution.
- Innovation/Research: Manage, monitor and seek opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities and products to the advancement of the organization. Promote and motivate colleagues to share creative ideas and learn from failures. Develop research goals and outline ideas for the evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation of research.
- Resource Management: Manage a team of individuals, provide coaching and mentoring related to their development and career plans, set team goals and assess performance. Plan and forecast resources, manage allocation of individuals to programs and initiatives and monitor deliverables for quality and timeliness.
- Assist with the evolution of the enterprise architecture function including the methodology, best practices, standards, policies and patterns and governance.
- Contribute to the overall IT portfolio management function by leveraging application and system rationalization, standardization, retirement and streamlining opportunities.
- Ensure that solutions meet all legal, security, risk, internal controls, accounting standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Produce solution cost and resource estimates based on business requirements and statements of work
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Solid understanding of the retail business model and prior retail industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 15+ years of work experience and 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience in complex business and technical environments as a business architect is required.
- Experience leading and managing small to mid-size teams.
- Experience in business capability modeling, business process modeling, ecosystems modeling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, balanced scorecards, scenario planning, and human-centric design.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Experience with organizational change management.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Possess a strong work ethic and takes pride in producing a quality product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence the organization to "get things done".
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.