Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at E15 Group
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:03 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 7, 2019
E15 is looking for a self-motivated, solution-oriented Business Intelligence Senior Analyst driven to transform how the food and beverage and sports industries drive their businesses with data. For this role, we’re looking for an individual with a medium level of experience to join our Data Intelligence team focused on business intelligence, data quality and governance, and enabling business teams throughout E15 and Levy to understand our partners and business.
An ideal candidate has a quantitative domain expertise along with the ability to manage internal and external stakeholder teams. You will be responsible for generating Tableau dashboards and workbooks and helping the organization define and learn visualization best practices. Your visualizations will cover various domains from business intelligence to data quality and governance. This role will own all documentation as it pertains to visualizations, but will work cross functionally to define requirements.
- Own the BI requirements for company-wide BI, the understanding of how they relate to company data, and how they translate into reports and dashboards used by all departments across the company.
- Support our customer facing product, Scoreboard, with Business Intelligence capabilities in collaboration with Data Engineering team.
- Design, build, and deploy proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts along with knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data.
- Gather product requirements from internal stakeholders, business analysts and suggest reporting solutions.
- Collaborate with and train internal clients, enabling them to understand and leverage our data.
- Learn to understand our data sets and the KPIs that drive business success.
- QA/QC and deployment of new BI programs and projects. Communicate project plans and status with stake holders.
- Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Lead the user-acceptance testing for BI related releases and upgrades.
- Experience tuning the performance of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and optimize the end user experience.
- Mentor/Train Junior Tableau developers / Power Business users.
- Creation and maintenance of Project documentation, knowledge and Support articles.
- Develop and update technical documentation for senior leaders and colleagues to serve as a reference guide
- Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business information.
- Lead efforts to define, implement, and consistently exercise information management best practices across the organization. Identify and implement industry best practices. Ensure data integrity of all systems.
- Participate in various organizational programs and initiatives such as, supporting sales and retention efforts, performing ad hoc analysis, serving on committees, or creating prototypes of new data products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration/Accounting, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Tableau certification a plus
Professional Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ of hands on end-to-end Tableau development experience from Tableau data model publication, interactive dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, calculations and Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
At E15, we are the spark that ignites. Our team delivers next-generation insights based on data, not hunches, to drive business in MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, College Sports, and beyond. E15 brings unmatched industry intelligence and cutting edge analytics to sports, entertainment, hospitality, and retail industries to help companies make forward-looking decisions to benefit their business, fans and customers. www.e15group.com
E15 is an equal opportunity employer. At E15 we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
The Company is not able to sponsor employment visas for this position
Read Full Job Description