Senior Business Operations Analyst
Are you passionate about data? Can you find and solve problems we haven't discovered yet?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
The Business Operations team bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from our product and engineering investments. With an alignment to specific product areas such as search, conversion, customer engagement and more, they develop the knowledge and insights that fuel our product strategy & development.
As a Business Operations Analyst, you'll partner with Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing and Sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift to the organization. You’ll apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to help our teams understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings. You’ll also quantify the value & size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
How you'll spend your time:
• Partnering with Product managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift.
• Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings
• Developing & testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities in the business
• Quantifying the value / size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps
• Designing both the business logic and the technical specifications to extract key data elements from Groupon’s products
• Creating dashboards and communicating product performance towards achieving product goals
• Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
• Develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
We’re excited about you if you meet the following requirements:
• 3-5+ years (Bachelors + 5 / Masters + 3) of relevant work experience in highly analytical roles (consulting, investment banking, product analytics, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills (written + oral) and an ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL
• Interest and passion for data, product development and e-commerce
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.