Senior Cognos Engineer
Senior Business Intelligence Analytics Engineer/Developer or Business Intelligence (BI) Data Visualization Developer
FTD, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
What you will contribute to:
- Primary responsibility for Developing Cognos reports for business users and providing Analytics insights.
- Design, build and deploy BI and data visualization solutions (e.g. web-based dashboards & reporting tools) create Enterprise dashboard for our brands.
- Define and develop canned reports, burst reports, dashboards, and required to support different reporting needs.
- Expand adoption and implementation of existing/new BI technologies on the cloud.
- Lead discussions with internal resources, external customers, and partners to envision and define data reporting requirement; develop and execute data queries to support analyses.
- Provide on-call production support related to BI/ETL tasks and work with other team members to resolve issues.
What we seek is a Senior, Cognos Engineer who will be responsible for the design and implementation of BI solutions using IBM Cognos Analytics V11.0.10 and other BI platforms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated hands-on Analytics experience in BI planforms including IBM Cognos, BI solution design, technical support including all components of the IBM Cognos Business intelligence suite of tools using version 10.x and V11.
- Experience with Cognos reporting > 10 years
- Experience in building Cognos reports (Experience with Cognos Analytics version 11.XX is preferred).
- Experience in building an interactive dashboard in Cognos analytics
- Experience with Cognos data modules and datasets
- Good knowledge in Building Cognos Framework Modelling
- Good exposure to Data warehousing concepts
- Good in writing SQLs
- Good understanding of Business Objects reports is a plus
- Exposure to Agile delivery model
- Excellent client communication
What we offer is an opportunity to be a part of a team that thrives in the execution of strategies and user-driven solutions. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas of the business as we push for efficiency and collaboration. We greatly enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company.
Join us and contribute to our digital transformation! Consider joining one of the few high-traffic E-Commerce companies that can offer you the possibility of adding your fingerprint on the development and resurgence of a 109-year-old company.
Reporting to: Bryan Tabiadon
Recruiter: Erin Mathew
Location: Downers Grove, IL