Senior Data Analyst, Internal Audit
Want to see your analytical skills impact the success of local businesses worldwide?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Global Finance is a conglomeration of number-savvy professionals who encompass multiple teams, ensuring everything from our month-end close processes to our P&L ownership and SG&A are on point. As part of the Finance organization, our Internal Audit team is devoted to ensuring that Groupon's internal control and risk management processes are running as smoothly as possible. We have dynamic growth and little room for error, so data plays an integral role in our decision-making process. As we navigate the uncharted waters of local e-commerce, we continue to form new iterations of how we operate as a business. Data Analysts are the left-brained wizards working behind the scenes to provide insight to the business, collaborating and supporting groups across Groupon. By understanding and interpreting data structures and assessing business performance, you will generate objective and actionable short- and long-term recommendations based on hard data.
The position will primarily focus on identifying, implementing, and overseeing automation of recurring audit processes. During the transition to automated testing, you will be responsible for manual testing of internal controls, policies, and procedures. Additionally, you will also perform projects to help access, analyze, interpret, and illustrate data to craft recommendations to your team and partners.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will develop and automate Sox testing and reporting on both process and IT sides
- You will develop continuous auditing solutions and embedded audit routines to augment robotic process automation
- You will collect, organize, and visualize data to succinctly communicate ideas and recommendations
- You will execute audit programs and discuss value added recommendations with management
- Perform day-to-day data analytic operations to support audit projects, including handling data queries from different platforms and assisting in the maintenance and support of the Audit Department tools and applications
- Develop and implement department training and procedures related to data collections and analysis
- Expect to partner closely with data engineers and business unit leaders to identify opportunities to automate and streamline business processes
- Track programmatic performance through standard and ad hoc analyses
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, STEM, or Economics
- 3 years professional business and data analytics experience
- Microsoft Excel is where you make magic and you have SQL and XML experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Audit Tools, such as ACL, IDEA, or equivalent
- You get excited by working with data, measuring performance, and making objective decisions based on quantitative and/or deductive reasoning
- Experience in analytics software languages (R, Python, or others) is preferred
- Prior experience in audit a plus
- You look for problems to solve and feel comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Whether it's via email or presentation, you're able to communicate complex information simply and clearly
Groupon is an equal opportunity employer
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.