Senior Data Analyst at KAR Global
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data. We are accelerating the used car industry. We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us. Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride. Based in Chicago, DRIVIN is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients. We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
Our Reporting & Analytics team is responsible for producing a wide variety of analytics to communicate product success across the organization, and to our customers. We work closely with our Product and Data Science teams to help build best-in-class analytical products for our internal and external customers. We value a diverse team with diverse viewpoints, and a willingness to challenge the status quo when needed.
What you’ll do:
As an analyst on the Reporting & Analytics team, you will help communicate product success through the design and dissemination of product performance to internal and external stakeholders. You will build data visualization to support our reporting and dashboards, as well as provide support to our data focused products; and analyze user behavior across our product portfolio.
- Work closely with product owners to establish key performance indicators.
- Provide data driven recommendations to product owners based on analysis of customer behavior within products.
- Design data visualizations and dashboards that lead internal and external customers to action.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses to internal and external customers.
- Presentation to internal and external customers.
- 6-8 years experience with writing custom SQL queries, with preference for PostreSQL Redshift and databases.
- 6-8 years experience designing and building simple and complex data visualizations; including but not limit to a dedicated BI platform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-driven analytical thinking, and problem solving.
These skills are a plus, but are not required for the role:
- Experience designing data models and schemas
- Experience with Python, and in particular it’s data and visualization libraries:
- A math-focused or statistical degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with user activity tools, such as Google Analytics, Segment, or MixPanel.