Senior Data Engineer at XSELL Technologies
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies leverages artificial intelligence as a foundational capability to listen, learn and support agents in real time with the exact information they need to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver top performer experiences.
Join us on our mission to empower agents, clients and organizations to increase human performance and job satisfaction through making conversations more personal. We do this by pairing together the best elements of human touch and machine intelligence to drive results.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help modernize, automate, and scale the ingestion, processing, and analysis of customer data. You will be responsible for helping select and implement the tools that best solve our business needs to deliver data faster and more reliably to our internal data science, reporting, ontology, customer success, and engineering teams.
XSELL currently has a SaaS based application, with services built in Ruby on Rails as well as Python, utilizing Postgres and Redis on the backend. Our applications are deployed into cloud environments on AWS and Azure.
What You Will Bring
It isn’t a problem if you haven’t encountered all of these in your career, but the problems you’ll tackle will benefit from the following skills:
- 4-6 years of experience in Data Engineering/Software Development
- Previous experience supporting upstream Data Science teams and creating inputs to Data Science and Machine Learning projects and pipelines
- Previous experience working with unstructured and or unclean data, and an understanding and appreciation that good Data Science depends on quality data
- A knowledge of technologies related to data processing and messaging (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Kinesis, etc.), and the ability to propose the right tools for XSELL’s business needs
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby)
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and the data processing tools each has to offer
- Familiarity with a variety of database/persistence technologies (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Linux/Unix CLI experience
- An understanding of “infrastructure as code”
Ways You Will Contribute
- Lead the design and implementation of data pipelines for both internal and external data, for both real time and batch data
- Pilot the integration and streamlining of diverse data sources and unclean data into existing data pipelines and workflows
- Transform existing manual or time-intensive processes into automated processes
- Partner with our Data Science and Reporting teams to:
- Establish ETL pipelines and establish data transformation best practices at scale for AB testing
- Ensure data quality and accuracy for analytic projects and daily reporting pipelines
- Improve upon data-driven and data-backed KPIs and reporting metrics, as well as the processes to identify, calculate, and publish these KPIs
- Work with the DevOps team to automate the provisioning and teardown of necessary infrastructure to support new and existing clients
- Collaborate with engineering to decouple reporting and analytics concerns from our OLTP SQL databases
- Liaise with managed service providers and vendors when needed
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core value.
- Best Chapter: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “the best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity and compassion towards our coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.