Store Code: Technology Innovation (27509)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to capture, store and track business data in real-time
- Provide analysis, counsel and direction to engineering and data teams on enterprise data management best practices
- Define and implement architectural guidelines for high-velocity data processing infrastructure
- Oversee data migration from legacy to new systems
- Train technology and business users on database application industry standards and conventions
- Collaborate with security architect to ensure data security and privacy compliance for end-to-end data lifecycle management activities
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture peers and leadership to make Data Architecture part of a holistic strategy
- Partner closely with Development, Security, Quality, Operations and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
- Propose and drive large improvements to production systems to achieve significant improvements for our business and engineering teams
- Mentor and coach engineers to be curious and effective at discovering and solving technical challenges
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- You have proven experience (15+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex data architecture challenges.
- Proven experience proposing blueprint solutions and collaboratively defining enabling architectures for enterprise data platforms
- Design and implement effective database designs/database models to efficiently store and retrieve data
- Develop and maintain conceptual, physical and logical data models
- Well Defined relationship with Database Administrators to optimize database routines with tuning.
- Data Flow with Azure frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of source control tools like Git, Bitbucket etc.
- Help drive database strategies, guidelines, and best practice
- Determine the appropriate database platform based on system, application, and up-time requirements
- Establish data standards in terms of nomenclature, technology selection, design and deployment
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management
- Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements that can be easily understood by technical and management staff
- Define and analyze data requirements needed to support business processes
- Architect and design solutions that leverage Master Data Management (MDM), Reference Data Management, Integration solutions, Operational Data Stores (ODS), Analytic Data Stores (ADS) and Data Warehouses
- Mentor DBA team on high performance/ high availability database solutions/platforms/implementations
- Drive database design/database code review and solicit feedback from relevant teams
- Propose new database architecture, database technologies and support data migration from an existing Legacy system to a new structure
- Offer support for database related incident response situations which relate to urgent data problems or system uptime
- Comfortable making decisions over uncertainty
- Able to innovate at high speed, fail fast, and correct immediately
- Solid experience in transactional data architecture, database design and data engineering pipelines
- Expert knowledge of data modeling concepts and data relationships
- Expert-level SQL skills
- Expert level of NoSQL and Time Series databases and where they fit
- Strong understanding of event processing data architecture
- Strong team player and outstanding problem solver
- Proven experience adopting emerging standards and new technologies to formulate enterprise data platforms
Tools: Azure Data Factory, Pentaho ETL Toolset, Proficient in SQL & Any NoSQL database, Source Control tools like Git, Bitbucket.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 11208_external_USA-IL-Chicago