Senior Data Engineer
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who we are
At Trunk Club we are building the future of retail enabled through technology. On the Data Services team we believe data has the power to drive the business forward. We push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization.What you'll do
- You will build end-to-end data solutions with a focus on ownership.
- You will design performant data models with an eye on optimizing storage and retrieval.
- You will create the tools that enable others and foster best practices.
- You will add to our data platform with a DevOps mindset.
- You will take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- You will contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- You will work with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment.
- You will create amazing user experiences.
- An analyst. You are able to take complex requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- A teacher. You are a mentor to your team, and you are able to clearly communicate technical concepts across teams and departments.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With collaboration. We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two minds, one outcome.
- With transparency. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- Lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars