Senior Data Engineer/Analyst at Infutor Data Solutions
Infutor provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor was formed in 2003 as a compiler of mass telephone and referential data assets. Since then, Infutor Data Solutions has grown into a full-service provider, producing world-class data solutions, which empower businesses to make critical, strategic decisions. In 2016, Infutor received a large strategic investment led by the growth equity team at Norwest Venture Partners, a global multi-stage investment firm with more than $6 billion in capital under management.
Infutor’s headquarters are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. with offices in Fort Myers, FL., and San Rafael de Escazú, Costa Rica.
As a Sr Data Engineer/Analyst, you will be responsible for data management tasks including design, development, analyse and technical administration in an AWS environment. You will also provide technical leadership to the team and be responsible for maintaining technical specifications. As a Sr Data Engineer/Analyst, you will have a heavy focus on designing the solutions and driving calibration between teams to deliver data products. To be successful in this role you will need a solid understanding of data management concepts and how cloud technology can solve data issues in and around identity graphs and systems. This is not a Hadoop, DBA or data science role.
This role will report to the VP of Data Engineering and BI and be based at our corporate headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL or our downtown Chicago Loop office.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Cloud Data Architect, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the design and standards of AWS(S3, Redshift/Snowflake, Glue,) data applications.
- Deep understanding of identity graphs and into and out of to other systems.
- Train and coach date team developers
- Oversee and implement security features, access and standards around data management
- Assist in capacity and budgeting for data systems
- Provide estimates and oversight within a Scrum environment
- Strong SQL skills in data warehouse environment
- Spark, Python and/or Scala experience
- Ability to travel to Costa Rica 2-3 times a year
- Lead code reviews
- Must have keen attention to detail
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years IT experience in AWS data services
- Hands on experience working with complex Data Warehouses and or customer linking systems
- Data Lake experience using Spark,Scala,EMR and/or Glue
Experience with Redshift or Snowflake using Matillion or other ETL tools
- Data Modeling experience
- Proficient with SQL
- Solid S3 understanding
- Experience with AWS Aurora, Oracle and/or Sql Server developer experience
- Understanding of consumer data protection and privacy laws
- Hands on experience using AWS RDS
- Experience with building identity graphs
- Identity & Access Management (Security Provisioning) understanding and knowledge
- Excellent project planning and delivery skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to deliver presentations
- Ability to communicate status of tasks (progress and milestones).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage overall workload.
- Must be comfortable working in a small, fast moving environment and willing to step up and take responsibility for team deliverables.
- Must have keen attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse group of perspectives
- Strong customer service orientation
Benefits and Perks
Because at Infutor, People Matter
Our total rewards package is competitive and offers a wide range of options, including tools and resources that help employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. Our benefit programs and services help employees attain their future retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs today.
Our benefits are subject to change, and offered to Full-Time, Permanent Employees.
- Ownership—Performance Unit Grants
- Corporate Bonus Program Eligibility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401k Company Match
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for Employee Only Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- A variety of medical and prescription drug insurance plan options available through our provider, BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, including a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan, two Point-Of-Service (POS) Plans, and a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Dental (Principal) and Vision (VSP) insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Healthcare and Dependent Care through WageWorks. A Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) is available when you choose the HDHP.
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, and Long-Term Disability .
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan that allows participants to have the choice of Roth or pre-taxed contributions automatically deducted from your pay.
- Voluntary Benefits:
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Commuter Spending Account
- Paid Time Off for vacation, illness, and parental leave.
- Company sponsored events and much more!