Senior Data Scientist (Experimentation) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery !
More about the Job:
Grubhub is looking for a bright, curious and energetic Data Scientist to join the data nerds on the Finance Research Team at GrubHub. The Finance Research team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Consult with business stakeholders on appropriate experimental design to answer important questions and ensure new features/initiatives are being tested rigorously
- Partner with product and technology teams to make sure that we are capturing relevant data; collaborate with data engineering teams to get appropriate datasets built in a format that streamlines analysis and enables automation and reporting
- Help us enhance our experimentation platform by constantly evaluating if we are measuring appropriate business metrics, implementing statistical best practices, and validating our approach is driving good business outcomes
- Evaluate financial impact of experiments and other business changes/initiatives
- Build statistical/machine learning models to understand customer behavior and long term value
- Be curious! Surface insights and trends that improve our customer experience, help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of leveraging data to influence business decisions
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Solid grasp of basic statistical concepts (regression models, statistical significance, confidence intervals, etc); advanced training in statistics and machine learning preferred
- High level of proficiency using SQL (required)
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python or R (required)
- Understanding of data visualization best practices; Tableau experience a plus
- Experience working in an e-commerce or other direct to consumer business preferred
- Experience with customer LTV modeling, pricing analytics, loyalty/subscription analysis, app/website A/B testing, and/or logistics network analytics preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.