GoHealth has become one of the fastest growing insurance brokers in the country by building upon a foundation of data-driven decisions. Come join an enthusiastic team of data scientists as we work with business stakeholders to tackle high-impact initiatives using machine learning. We use tools like predictive modeling and natural language processing to build end-to-end systems that optimize a diverse set of business processes. Some of the high visibility work our team has developed relates to marketing optimization, lead routing, sales recommendation systems, and customer retention. This role is remote and we can hire in the following states: IL, WI, IN, FL, UT, NC, AZ, GA, CO, OH, IA, KS, SC, TN, & TX
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and product engineering teams to:
- Work closely with Data Engineers in designing the data pipelines needed to facilitate model development and their use in production systems.
- Maintain and look to improve our Machine Learning Deployment Pipeline.
- Author formal reports that effectively communicate the details of models and their results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mentor junior members of the team and serve as a subject matter expert in cross-functional discussions.
- Seek out ways to automate and accelerate development of data-driven products, and then implement them.
- Evangelize software engineering best practices and proactively identify technical debt.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Python and common frameworks such as Pandas and Numpy.
- Experience using Machine Learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn.
- 4+ years of experience demonstrating trajectory of professional growth in data science or machine learning
- Comfortable with Git or related version control systems (e.g. SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience using SQL to query relational databases.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Experience mentoring or managing junior data scientists.
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem (especially Redshift, SageMaker, Athena, ECR, and S3).
- Expertise with Docker.
- Proficiency with automated testing frameworks such as Pytest, Unittest or Nose.
- Knowledge of web service architectures including REST.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.