Senior Data Scientist at XSELL Technologies
XSELL Technologies is an artificial intelligence company focused on increasing sales. Our cloud-based machine learning engine uses predictive analytics and natural language processing to equip sales professionals with the best real-time responses, driving improved conversion rates and customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our high performing, collaborative culture. We are passionate about our product, our customers, and our industry leading results.
XSELL is currently seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to support our growing clientele and continuous improvements to our platform. This position requires the ability to work with natural language data, NLP algorithms, and ML models to improve our AI platform with a focus on measured business impact. Additional tasks include leveraging statistics to determine the main areas of opportunity for the system to improve as well as ensuring the successful launch of major initiatives. We’re still developing and senior members will play an active role in maturing the organization towards better data flows and data science processes which will include working with team members, performing statistical analyses, and writing code/docs.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing
- Collaborate with the data analysts on development and implementation of dashboards and measurements to inform model creation/selection/tuning
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Core data science and NLP processes supporting data/text cleaning, data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Analytical and soft skills to determine a strong plan that prioritizes and sequences model development work based on the delivery of maximal business value
- Developing NLP and ML processes to support scalability of the platform
- Identifying opportunities for internal data products and working with engineering and stakeholders to bring them to completion
- Work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members
Background & Qualifications
In order to be successful, the ideal candidate would have the following:
- Masters’ Degree in Statistics, Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years’ experience with Python NLP/ML (spacy, tensorflow, etc.)
- Data Wrangling/Intuition
- Ability to incorporate written processes into daily workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create structure and processes from scratch and improve existing processes and align team members to them
- Team oriented approach and collaboration
- Ability to self-start
- Must be eligible to work in the US without needing sponsorship
We provide a professional atmosphere and flexible work hours. XSELL fosters an entrepreneurial, results driven work environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative, inclusive team and be able to grow and develop.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.