Senior Data Scientist
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family- owned practices to world-class health systems. Our analytics team is central to our model of care and leverages data to derive advanced analytical insights from multiple data sources to drive business decisions. As a Senior Data Scientist at our organization, you will partner with our business leaders to provide analytical solutions to complex problems.
What are some examples of projects you’ll tackle as a Data Scientist at VillageMD?
- Align with leadership about the team’s priorities and identify projects to pursue that will provide significant value to the organization yet can realistically be achieved
- Explore the business challenges in-depth to fully understand the best way for the Data Science Team to create tools to guide decision-making
- Work with the Data/Business Analysts and any relevant stakeholders to fully understand the data available: where it comes from, how it is generated, how it is transformed, and where it is stored.
- Methodologically develop and evaluate a model and validate the outputs.
- Deliver well-documented model to Engineering and provide any necessary support for productionalization.
- Lead the modeling process, from gathering data to evaluating final results, and make sure all work is properly documented
- Constantly keep leadership apprised of progress, including unanticipated challenges that may affect delivery date
What will make you successful here?
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Solid communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas to customers or company leaders
- Ability to partner with business to implement solutions to drive operational processes. Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams
- Genuine curiosity in exploring open source tools such as Python and R
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience working in an analytical role using R or Python with knowledge of both machine learning techniques (random forest, gradient boosting, neural networks, etc.) and of advanced statistical techniques
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science. Computer Science or similar; graduate degree preferred
- Some experience with medical claims data and/or EMR data (preferred, not required)
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.