Senior Database Administrator at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is a leading provider of multi-channel marketing services, technologies and database solutions. A subsidiary of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is seeking a Senior Data Warehouse DBA with a balance of skills in database design, physical implementation and performance tuning to work out of our Boston, MA, Irving, TX, or our Chicago, IL location. This person will be supporting Data Warehouse environment running on premise or on external cloud services providers for Database Marketing clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, configure, and manage Data Warehouse Database Systems on Cloud (e.g., AWS Redshift, EMR) and on premises (e.g., IBM Netezza/GreenPlum)
· Monitor and report on performance metrics, system health, and logging compliance on database services or database appliances.
· Perform database administration tasks including backup and recovery, troubleshooting, performance tuning and SQL optimization
· Design database schema, and tune data types and data distribution for performance optimization
· Configure and implement workload management for resource allocation and query event handling
· Support users, and troubleshoot data access applications and ad hoc queries
· Develop and support shell scripts for database activities, such as data loading, unloading, and maintenance
· Manage data replication, data encryption, backup storage and archiving procedures
· Follow standards and best practices for availability, security, backup and recovery, and integrity of client databases
· Evaluate new database technologies and products and recommend to technical management
· Contribute to document company database standards, guidelines and operational procedures
· Perform a variety of tasks relying on experience and judgment to manage time, plan and accomplish goals on several client engagements
· Provide 24 x 7 x 365 support through on-call rotation
· 4-6 years of experience in general database administration
· At least 3 years of experience managing and maintaining Data Warehouse technologies, such as IBM Netezza, Teradata, Pivotal Greenplum, Actian ParAccel or similar
· At least 1 years of experience managing Cloud Data Warehouse database technologies, such as AWS RedShift or AWS EMR service.
· Strong Knowledge in Hadoop eco system components such as YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Hive.
· Interact with vendor support to ensure open issues are resolved within defined SLA
· Understanding of Data Warehousing MPP architecture, technologies and concepts
· Ability to write and analyze complex SQL queries for performance
· Competence to read and interpret query plans, database statistics and database performance measurements and optimize SQL
· Proficiency in backup and recovery methodologies and techniques
· Ability to diagnose problems and resolve issues across various tiers (application, database , network and appliance)
· Adherence to SDLC, Change Management, troubleshooting and development methodologies
· Strong Unix/Linux and shell scripting
· Ability to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required. AWS certification is a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.