Senior Full Stack Analytics Developer
Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us, the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Analytics Developer to join our team.
Each project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Working hands-on within data analytics, cloud development, machine learning, data warehousing, data modeling, etc.
- Leveraging multiple tools and technologies including data management tools, ETL tools, data modeling tools, and BI tools.
- Managing client expectations, meeting deadlines, and working within an agile environment.
From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem-solving skills: Individuals at our company have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions, and communicate insights.
- Drive: Our team sets ambitious goals and seeks energetic professionals, enjoy a fast pace environment, and thrive in taking on responsibility.
What You’ll Definitely Need
- 7+ years’ experience in practical hands-on experience working in data modeling, data extraction data manipulation, and data warehousing concepts.
- Minimum of 2+ years of practical hands-on experience working with SQL/SQL Server and Python for analytics or data science purposes.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or an equivalent field.
- Solid understanding in Data Modeling, Entity Relationship diagram, Dimensions and Facts.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers.
- Performance tuning the slow running queries using SQL profiler or investigating through the Explain Plan.
- Knowledge of Indexes and how they can be used to enhance the query performance.
- Proficiency with modern data tools and cloud technologies would be advantageous. These can include but not limited to Spark, Hadoop, Tableau, AWS, Azure, Kafka, GCP & IBM Cloud.
- Analytical mindset and business acumen. Self-motivated, individual contributor.
Tools and Technology:
Proficient at leveraging tools and technology to drive value for clients. Illustrative tools include the following;
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB), Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB) or similar
- ETL Tools - e.g. Informatica, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Data Modeling tools - e.g., Toad, ERWin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, IBM Data Architect, or similar
- Industry Leading BI tools - e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Looker, or similar
What We’d Love to See
- Experience with analytic modeling in a scripting language. (Python, R, etc.)
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. (Depending on specific project requirements)
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed.
- Chicago or New York area candidates preferred but will consider candidates in other parts of the U.S.
- Certification on any cloud platform certification, or any certification related to database or BI tools.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think
you’re the right person for the job.
Why Join Our Team?
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
- Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
- Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
- Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020 and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020
- 2020 Inc. 5000 List - Honored as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.