Senior Logistics Analyst
Senior Logistics Analyst
FTD Companies is searching for a Sr Logistics Analyst for its growing group of brands. This position is a senior-level analyst position responsible for analyzing, forecasting and reporting shipping/delivery data as well as assisting with the development and optimization of logistics network planning models.
What you will contribute:
- Analyze carrier and DC network shipping/delivery performance. Work with the carriers to identify service trends and implement changes to the distribution network as needed to improve on-time delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Provide carrier service data analysis and subject matter expertise to FTD Customer Service and the Executive team to effectively address large scale network delays or disruptions during peak and non-peak events.
- Analyze/model on-time service metrics of delivery carriers and logistics data.
- Assist in determining service trends and improvement opportunities.
- Assist in structuring delivery service test scenarios and evaluating test results.
- Organize and manage large datasets related to distribution profiles, network planning, and carrier service coverage.
- Identify/Report data trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with long-range logistic network planning, determining optimized distribution profiles and developing detailed operational plans for major events and peak season.
- Assist with the development of quantitative models supporting various aspects of the logistics function.
- Use problem-solving skills to resolve data discrepancies, understand trade-offs associated with complex data relationships, interpret analytical results and react to unexpected events.
- Provide additional analyses and tasks as needed to help improve the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of FTD Companies operations.
What we offer:
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- During the peak season this role requires overtime, during off-peak, we offer Summer hours
What we seek:
- Highly analytical and quantitative and very comfortable building Excel models. The ideal candidate probably enjoys building Excel models "for fun."
- Have a high degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity and time pressure, including the ability to quickly develop logical estimates.
- Be comfortable applying real-world assumptions/estimates to detailed/accurate analyses.
- Very detail oriented, with strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain and keep track of multiple information sources.
- A rapid learner who's not afraid to dive right in their work to uncover opportunities, and improve the service line.
- Self-motivated, and can find new ways to improve processes.
- You can effectively communicate and have the interpersonal skills to work with all levels of business partners in SCO.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access. SQL and Cognos experience a plus.
Join our team and be part of an exciting transformation. At FTD you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic e-commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, Illinois. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company - join our family!