What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
A Senior Machine Learning Engineer is a crucial member of the Data Science team. You will be responsible for assisting our data scientists, date engineers, and dev ops engineers to deploy and scale customer-facing algorithms. This position is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and globally focused network of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and AI practitioners developing novel approaches to personalization and recommender engines. You will have also to have access to word class academics though our partnerships and joint contracts with universities, as well as our staff of PhDs and researchers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Optimize models developed by the Data Science team for deployment
- Consult with our brands and business partners to create ML/AI solutions to their largest business challenges
- Develop transportable and customizable SDKs for our core algorithms, allowing them to be plugged into any of our apps
- Develop SDKs for rapid prototyping and deployment of algorithms
- Automate and orchestrate advanced split tests of models
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Master’s Preferred
- 6 + years of applied Machine Learning experience
- 4 + years of experience deploying, scaling, monitoring, and continually improving algorithms
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Expert in distributed computing with Spark, DevOps best practices, and containerization
- Above 95th percentile coding ability in Python and high competency with PySpark
- Deep understanding of, and experience applying, the following ML concepts:
- Collaborative filtering
- Linear and scalar algebra
- Association rule mining
- Ranking algorithms
- Advanced regression, classification, clustering, and time series algorithms
- Automated hyperparameter tuning and model selection
- Causal inference modeling at scale for algorithm testing and evaluation
- Deep learning at scale for NLP
- Experience deploying models on very large data using:
- Spark, MLlib, PySpark, Scala
- Experience with advanced search concepts using deep learning is a plus!
- Knowledge of model management
- Knowledge of API development best practices
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.