Senior Procurement Analyst
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub’s Procurement function is a growing team that is in need of a Senior Analyst to assist with uncovering vendor optimization opportunities, support strategic initiatives, mitigate vendor risk, facilitate the flow of contract renewals, and support our business through efficient vendor processes. The Procurement function is responsible for managing Grubhub's supplier spend and contracts, collaborating with business stakeholders to identify opportunities and execute on strategic priorities, and optimize the value within our supply base. This role reports to the Director of Procurement and sits within Grubhub's Finance group.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, facilitation of initiatives/projects/contracts, spend / contract analyses, project management, communication and organization skills, and be passionate about moving Grubhub’s Procurement function forward.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Proactively identify process and cost savings opportunity identification through spend and contract analyses, and stakeholder insight
- Prepare monthly spend analyses, reports and insights
- Develop and / or manage the tools and systems that drive our Procurement analytics
- Support strategic initiatives through the creation of RFx documents, pricing / comparative exercises, supplier / market research, and procurement best practices
- Coordinate supplier proposal analysis for new strategic relationships and recurring contract renewals
- Work with functional business stakeholders to understand priorities and supply requirements
Demonstrate a full understanding of the contract life-cycle and negotiation process
- Effectively communicate to a wide array of stakeholders (ranging from junior to senior staff-members) and suppliers, including:
- Concisely summarize large datasets and complex scenarios
Outline recommendations and associated risks
Share market insights and potential impact
Provide project-based updates
You Should Have
- BA / BS from accredited University
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain / Operations experience. Specific Procurement / Contract Management experience preferred
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to work with all levels of various different business functions
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated passion for procurement optimization and supporting process efficiency initiatives
- Portrays a consistent desire to further learn the Grubhub business and
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; Tableau preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.