Senior Software Engineer-Data at GoHealth (Chicago, IL)
GoHealth is looking for Data Engineers who will oversee the development of its multiple batch and streaming data pipelines. We are looking for candidates who have experience building large batch pipelines, and experiencing building stable, high throughput streaming systems. You will work with other members of Engineering, Product and Project Management, and multiple business groups to ensure availability of usable data to all parts of the business that need it. You will report to a Principal Engineer.Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Deploy batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Monitor and ensure operational stability of data pipelines.
- Create documentation of the technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipelines.
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline.
- Work with the Engineering Team, experts and department leaders to build new data-related processes and reports.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience designing data pipelines and tasks.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues and fine tuning queries.
- Experience extracting data from relational and document databases.
- Experience consuming data over HTTP and in formats such as HTML, XML, and JSON.
- Knowledge of and experience with a version control system (such as Git, Mercurial, SVN).
- Proficiency in Java or Python programming languages.
- Familiarity with data warehousing platforms, such as Redshift, Snowflake, SQL Server.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.