Senior SQL Database Administrator
- Install and configure SQL Server 2016 R2 and higher versions. Configurations built and supported should include scenarios that include leveraging SQL Always On, windows fail over clustering, and transaction replication.
- Document complex installation, configuration, and optimization procedures so they can be automated.
- Provide support 24/7/365 for any troubleshooting or corrective actions related to incidents impacting application availability within the production environments.
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, apply indexes/re-indexing, etc.), to meet or exceed baseline stability and performance SLAs on large databases (1 TB+) and large volumes of databases (100+).
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms, and have a demonstrated ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR).
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes, etc.
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Ensure databases are being backed up and can be recovered in a manner that meets all BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO.
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads.
- Assist developers in producing SQL which is performant and confirms to our standards.
- 7+ years of work experience with a proven track record of working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008r2 or later
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 operation
- Familiar with basic Azure or cloud IaaS capabilities, and some experience designing and building MS SQL databases within Azure or AWS.
- Microsoft certifications such as MCSE, MCSD, etc.
- Experience operating in an ISO certified and/or highly regulated (SSAE, PCI, HIPPA, etc.) hosting operation.
- Familiar with Dev/Ops concepts, and ideally experience working with a Dev/Ops team focused on implementing and enhancing continuous delivery capabilities.
- Experience automating SQL Server deployment and configuration through PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Background designing, building, and managing a search and indexing solution such as Elastic Search, Apache SOLR, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Opserver, SentryOne or similar.
- Proven ability to diagnose & improve long-running queries.
- Previous Relativity system administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a relevant degree