Senior Tableau Developer at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Senior Tableau Developer at our organization you will be independently accountable for turning visualization prototypes and data models into well-engineered solutions that improve the effectiveness of primary care for doctors and patients.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be contributing to as a Senior Tableau Developer at VillageMD?
- Turning visualization prototypes and subject area data models into well engineered, enterprise-grade visualization solutions
- Providing report writing expertise in development of the VillageMD visualization methodology and enterprise data infrastructure
- Build the foundation of how our data is organized and presented to partners across markets
- Operationalizing reporting and creating a flexible architecture that can support tremendous growth and changing KPIs
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- An understanding of the difference between data and knowledge
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- A preference for scaling small teams by bringing to bear automated testing and engineering best practices to deliver features
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- A talent for operating effectively at various levels of abstraction
- An aptness to distill complex, technical topics articulately to a non-technical audience
- Adaptability, flexibility and an ability to navigate ambiguity
What you might do in your first year:
- Take ownership of reporting solutions that utilize data visualizations to drive workflow
- Enhance and design dashboards to improve the end-user experience and product performance
- Lead the creation of a flexible foundation that allows us to readily present data with a high level of data integrity
- Test and validate data models and newly developed reports
- Interface with market stakeholders to support new iterations of reporting requirements
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years experience designing solutions using Tableau
- 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and data visualization
- Tableau certification required (Minimum Desktop Associate level, Desktop Certified preferred).
- Manipulation and migration of healthcare data using ETL skills is a plus (Alteryx,etc).
- Server-side administration experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL; ability to query data independent of a tool
- MS SQL Server experience
- Ability to autonomously run initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.