NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Senior Trading Operations Analyst to join our team. Our Portfolio Operations team supports senior investment professionals in the management and oversight of the firm's investment management process.. You will be responsible for assisting the portfolio management team in monitoring transactions and implementation of advice; coordinating with the Service Delivery and Technology groups to execute and ensure quality of investment processes; and supporting operations and client service efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in the ongoing execution and review of daily Portfolio Rebalancing, Account Reconciliation, Trade Order Management, and Trade Execution & Settlement functions.
- Perform ongoing Portfolio Management Audits and help design new analytical tools and metrics to monitor and ensure fiduciary quality while maintaining efficiency of transactions.
- Assist with the management of the Security Master, Model Portfolios, and Account Restrictions within the Portfolio Accounting System and Trade Order Management System
- Assist in the design and creation of specifications for processes, tests, and tools to support and scale the portfolio management function.
- Assist with processing trade corrections, ad-hoc reporting, and other projects as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with tools of the trade including Excel, Portfolio Accounting System(s) (PAS), Portfolio Rebalancing systems, Trade Order Management systems, Financial Instrument eXchange (FIX), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) operations.
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience in the investment management industry with a prior focus in the asset management segment of the financial services industry preferable; particularly in the separately managed account (SMA) or unified managed account (UMA) sub-segments.
- At least 2+ years of experience trading institutional US equities and ETFs; including the use of order management systems and complex trading strategies through algorithms.
- Comfortable and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to multitask and manage the heightened risk profile associated with large block order handling.
- Good understanding of portfolio theory and knowledge of financial instruments.
- Good understanding of RIA daily portfolio operations management.
- Basic understanding of retirement plans structures and features.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Series 65 and/or desire to pursue CFA charter or other investment related certifications is a plus.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- When the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions