Senior Transportation Analyst - Groupon Goods
The Senior Transportation Analyst will be completing deep analytics related to Groupon Goods’ Transportation expense & service. This person will work closely with the Manager of Transportation to continuously identify opportunities to optimize the shipping function and report out on variances. Responsibilities include data-driven analysis, an understanding of transportation cost drivers, reporting out shipping metrics and completing one-off cost studies related to the network. This role provides a great opportunity for a self-starter looking to make a large impact in a fast-growing business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather data and complete analysis related to overall Transportation/Logistics initiatives
- Monitor actual transportation metrics versus forecast + escalate variances appropriately, report out monthly variances
- Monitor and improve shipping compliance and review/approve invoices as required
- Partner with internal groups (Finance, Tech, Operations, Marketing, Buying, etc.) to develop and implement solutions
- Complete one-off transportation & financial analysis
Bachelor's degree required, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets; retrieving/completing analysis and communicating actionable results
- Understanding of Supply Chain, basic understanding of the administration of transportation contracts, cost and service drivers preferred
- Proficiency with SQL, MS office and Google Drive products, with an emphasis on spreadsheets
- Problem solving, project management and analysis skills a must
- Mentally flexible - willingness and desire to dive deep into the details while being able to synthesize and explain issues+resolution appropriately
- Driven individual with the ability to perform and adapt, as needed, within a fast-moving, dynamic work environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.