Senior Workforce Analyst at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented WFM Long Term Planning Analyst to join our Workforce Management team. The Workforce Management team is focused on Call Center Operations - we surface insights that drive productivity and performance across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with Finance and the Care leaders to develop and maintain the long term forecast and staffing plans; understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business, working cross-functionally to dig into trends, and surface value-creating opportunities. To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develops the long-term capacity plan as part of the annual budgeting process, in partnership with Operations and Finance teams.
- Supports WFM and senior leadership by modeling requirements and impact of strategic Initiatives throughout the vetting and implementation cycles.
- Evaluates all inputs to the capacity plan model on a regular basis to confirm, document, and communicate forecast accuracy. Calibration includes, but is not limited to, contact volume, AHT, shrinkage, attrition, utilization, as well as any business assumptions that are applied to the model [changes in mix, Contacts Per Order, market expansions, etc.].
- Acts as a WFM subject matter expert providing input on strategic decision making regarding footprint, contact structure, and process impacts, and makes recommendations on ways to maximize existing resources.
- Leads the monthly hiring review cycle by partnering with operations, training, finance, and talent acquisition to make recommendations in reconciliation with budget and Finance’s planning tool (Anaplan).
- Acts as indirect knowledge leader to WFM Planning Analysts creating synergy between short term and long term forecasting efforts via influencing shrink planning including support of the time off process.
- Partners with departments that cross-functionally influence Care (Marketing, Product, Reporting, Technology, Finance, Talent Acquisition, etc.)
- Integrates with Care Partner management team to offer support regarding true-up calculations, volume allocations, and more in partnership with WFM stakeholders.
- Improve Care workflow and suggest opportunities for increased efficiency through trend analysis
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to travel 10%
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong SQL and Tableau skills preferred
- Finance experience preferred
- Exceptional data analysis acumen, including the ability to draw accurate conclusions from raw data, and provide suggestions to address gaps
- Experience with WFM and telephony systems (IEX, Verint, Genesys, Cisco, Avaya, or Five9)
- Outstanding organizational skills including project management and experience multitasking
- Demonstrates professionalism, tact, and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Ability to skillfully manage through change
- Comfortable challenging leadership in their assumptions and aligning on agreeable approach
- Exercises initiative; highly self-motivated
- Ability to network, and build effective relationships across organizations
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.