Browse the Aisles
We are seeking an Inventory Specialist to attain service level and inventory turn objectives for portfolio/category, sale items, and promotional programs across our supply chain network. The Inventory Specialist is responsible for optimizing cost to deliver service levels against inventory carrying costs and working capital impact. This role reports to the Inventory Manager within our Operations team.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. eCommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA (these include Stop & Shop, Giant Foods, Giant Martins, Food Lion, Hannaford, and Peapod) and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Deliver best practices for supply chain service levels and inventory turn performance by attaining targeted service level objectives (promotional/turn/seasonal service objectives)
- Manage assigned inventory categories and partner with merchandising to drive business results
- Work with merchandising, S&OP, and analytics groups to establish individual item sales forecasts
- Review and monitor forecast accuracy and item exceptions
- Evaluate order quantities at the item/vendor level. Weigh integral costs against service level needs
- Address non-movement of inventory issues, process vendor returns on overstocks and discontinued items
- Work with local merchandisers and operators to address product availability, freshness, recalls and market withdrawals
- Work with suppliers to improve their fulfillment and on-time rates
- Serve as the primary point of contact to address and resolve replenishment supply chain issues impacting distribution
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field
- 2-4 years' experience within inventory management and/or supply chain
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Experience within the grocery retail/retail industry
- Effectively communicate to various levels of management
- Ability to work within a team centered environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Inventory management experience
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.