Sr. Actuarial Analyst at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Actuarial Analyst at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for a motivated professional with proven problem-solving skills to join its fast growing team. The Sr. Actuarial Analyst supports the Insurance function by supporting multi-state and product offering launches and a wide variety of complex analytical projects.
About the role
The Sr. Actuarial Analyst will support the organization’s understanding of rate level adequacy, reserve adequacy, and book performance on a segmented basis. This role will i) lead with processes that support core actuarial functions and unit economic modeling, ii) analyze and provided recommendations on segmented product pricing enhancements in existing states and provide regulatory support and iii) contribute to a wide range of analytical projects that continuously enhance the business. A key feature of this role is effective collaboration with a peer network across all functional areas to drive accurate, timely and compliant execution of state launches with well-crafted written communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Currently working towards a CAS designation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new applications and systems
- Ability to process complex data from multiple sources
- Problem-solving ability with an attention to detail
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and to challenge the status quo
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
- Insurance industry experience
- Standard knowledge of insurance data and metrics
- Knowledgeable to Proficient with SQL/Python/R
- Predictive Modeling experience
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.