About The Opportunity
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, data-driven Senior Analyst to be a founding member of our Market Health team. Market Health is responsible for understanding the drivers of local market performance, including restaurant network density and availability, local marketing efforts, diner and driver service levels, and the competitive landscape. In this role, you will work to build a data driven approach for market diagnostics and work cross-functionally with all the departments that impact local market performance, thereby guiding strategic investment and execution for success.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to identify and curate meaningful KPIs at the local market level.
- Create a point of view on the interconnectedness of inputs and outputs in a three-sided marketplace at the local market level.
- Work with the data team to assemble a set of dashboards to produce a cross-functional view at the local market level, including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and the competitive landscape.
- Own a specific market or set of markets with the goal of identifying growth governors and generating insights and recommendations to accelerate growth.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement growth strategies and monitor success.
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit.
You Should Have
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance or tech.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data.
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems and make sense of complex and interconnected systems.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- SQL and Tableau skills are strongly preferred.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.