Sr. Business Analyst
Aquilon was founded with the idea of bringing efficiency and transparency to the wholesale energy industry through innovative technology solutions. By working side-by-side with traders, settlement analysts, and financial professionals, Aquilon has developed a Software as a Service solution, Energy Settlement Network (ESNTM), for wholesale energy participants to reconcile all their transactions through one platform.
Aquilon looks for individuals that demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity. Potential candidates can expect a fast-paced, fun, and challenging work environment surrounded by passionate and talented team members and industry experts.
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the Manager of Product and internal stakeholders to formulate a business vision for improvement and new feature projects. This individual will be responsible for owning the requirements process and act as the communication and collaboration between the business and IT.
We are looking for someone who is highly inquisitive and curious. Knowledge of the industry is not as important as the demonstrated ability and willingness to proactively figure out and learn the process.
Essential Functions and Duties
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions for this position but do not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time based on business needs. To be successful the Senior Business Analyst must:
- Work with key business and project stakeholders to formulate the business vision and project scope, including initial requirements for the Development team.
- Perform requirements analysis, verification and validation, clearly documenting and communicating results.
- Lead the definition, design, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Translate requirements and results between the Development team and project stakeholders, ensuring understanding at all points of the process.
- Break down technical and architectural complexities so that project stakeholders can easily understand any technical issues.
- Develop wireframes, testing scripts, release notes, and user guides.
- Represent project stakeholders throughout the process to ensure product solutions meet the business needs.
- 5-7 years in a Business Analyst role.
- Thorough understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of requirements gathering, use case analysis and user acceptance testing.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in understanding technology processes of information and data.
- Experience identifying and modeling process, data, business rules, and test requirements.
- Experience facilitating requirements sessions, scoping projects, writing use cases, and improving business processes.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communications.
- Some experience with UI/UX and wireframing tools such as Balsamiq preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Some knowledge of either the energy trading industry, and/or the settlements process.
- Experience in the energy industry – specifically, experience executing process improvement or automated parts of the power settlement process.
- Technical experience or training in computer science related fields.