Sr. Data Analyst at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Clearcover is seeking an Sr. Data Analyst to help supercharge our analytic efforts supporting our Claims management function at Clearcover! As a member of our Business Intelligence team, you’ll…
What will you do?
- Own and maintain all analytic data models sourced from our claims administration systems in our data warehouse
- Design and optimize our cloud-based data warehouse architecture
- Write production-quality ELT/ETL data transformation code with an eye towards performance, maintainability, and scalability
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and dashboards to ensure reliable business reporting
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects for sourcing data
- Responsible for delivering new, re-usable business intelligence solutions and demonstrating value proposition to business stakeholders
- Work with the claims team to develop novel approaches to finding, collecting, and using data
What do you need?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Significant experience developing and delivering data solutions as a member of a business intelligence or analytics team
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Must have a solid understanding of data warehouse architecture and best practices
- Deep understanding of SQL, writing complex queries and/or stored procedures in current role
- Have used Python, Ruby, or R when SQL failed you or was needed for a complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift serving as the Data Warehouse production platform
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools (Looker, Periscope, PowerBI)
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with semi-structured data types such as JSON and XML
- Experience in Claims and/or Property and Casualty insurance industry
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.