Sr. Database Adminstrator at Cooler Screens
Sr. Database Administrator
Location: Chicago or Denver, or possibly elsewhere.
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in brick-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As Cooler Screens’ Sr. Database Administrator, you will support and evolve our AI/ML Data platform to enable us to reimagine the digital in-store shopper experience and enable new retail merchandising and brand advertising capabilities. You can be based in Chicago or Denver, or possibly elsewhere.
As we transform the retail customer experience with our digital media platform, we invite you to join Cooler Screens in enabling the journey.
Who you are:
- A highly competent and motivated individual with a proven track record of supporting data assets in the Cloud. Experience with Azure would be a plus.
- You must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
- You have a service-oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have a focus on problem prevention, managing and resolving issues, performing changes on production systems, and proactively communicating issues internally is essential.
- Experience translating business requirements into action through detailed data design and development
- You display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a large team or departmental setting.
- Demonstrate proficient use and knowledge of standards and procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Configure and administer SQL Server (including SQL Server DW/Synapse), NoSQL (Cosmos DB) databases, and other Azure Cloud-based data assets.
- Create and maintain database access systems including tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, and triggers
- Administer database replication between servers, across regions, and availability zones.
- Set up, test, and maintain database backup and recovery systems and processes
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques including performing root cause analysis and identification of corrective action for given problems
- Perform and plans minor version upgrades
- Use tools and scripting to efficiently manage technology and enable automation wherever possible
- Design logical and physical data models and flowcharts for both relational and dimensional solutions.
- Experience with modeling tools like PowerDesigner, ERWIn or similar tools
- Develop and maintain ELT/ ETL processes that import and export data from various sources in a variety of formats.
- Identifies interdependencies in system and application components
- Work directly with consultants and technicians from vendor companies
- Provide as needed/required, 24x7 support coverage. This responsibility, on occasion, requires work hours to shift outside a normal 8 am to 5 pm schedule.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related engineering discipline or five (5) years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years of MS SQL Server DBA experience, including database design and implementation, administration of multiple SQL instances, Always On, SQL Clustering and Change Data Capture.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as SQL Database Administrator on Windows 2012 and above.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting and working with NoSQL or Graph databases.
- Ability to troubleshoot day-to-day problems encountered on production as well as development database environments
- Experience writing SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, creating Tables, Views and Indexes
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written, verbal, listening), work ethics, and ability to work in a team environment with strong determination and commitment to the deliverables.
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks.
Come join our fast-growing team at our headquarters in the heart of Chicago. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.