Sr. Database Developer at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
CCC is looking for a Senior Developer with Oracle Database knowledge, in addition to familiarity with AWS RDS and other database flavors (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server). They will have significant Oracle development, modeling and data architecture experience. The candidate will be tasked to analyze, design, develop, test, debug, analyze and improve performance and document data solutions for our deliverables. Duties will also include reporting, ad-hoc requests, issue resolution as well as defining design and programming recommendations. Candidate must have PL/SQL Development experience. The successful candidate will have proven experience in data analysis, data solution design and data management; she/he will also possess excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Work with enterprise level relational database experience with Oracle in large scale OLTP environments.
· Develop Oracle PL/SQL programs using advanced database programming techniques.
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3).
· Experience with ETL & data migration.
· Excellent query tuning skills.
· Create and maintain database triggers, procedures and packages, as well as develop and maintain Unix/Linux shell scripts.
· Design and develop complex data models and queries with a focus on performance on an ongoing basis.
· Work with Business Analysts and Developers to define queries as well as develop logical and physical process flow diagrams.
· Focused on meeting deadlines while juggling with multiple projects simultaneously.
· Work with the team to oversee daily database deliverables, attend stand ups, spring planning and retrospective meetings.
· Ability and enthusiasm to adapt and implement new database technologies and upgrades.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
· At least 5 years of hands-on experience working on Oracle database, data architecture, writing SQL, PL/SQL, batch jobs and ETL.
· Solid experience in using design patterns, distributed paradigms and modeling techniques.
· The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
· Ability to build positive working relationships across the organization.