Sr. Manager, Strategy & Operations (Marketplace Growth) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Senior Manager to join our Marketplace Growth team. The Marketplace Growth team determines and drives optimal investments across our three-sided network (restaurants, diners and drivers), hyper-locally. In this role, you will be responsible for knowing the ‘who, what, and whys’ of the market dynamics in which Grubhub operates - continuously digging into data and trends from across the business and competitive landscape to define opportunities to drive our investment strategy. This role reports to the Vice President of Marketplace Growth and works closely with senior leaders across departments. We are looking for a scrappy, data-driven person with operational experience who knows who knows how to move quickly, work cross-functionally, take smart risks and leverage insights to drive outcomes.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop comprehensive view of the competitive environment in which Grubhub operates
- Build upon existing resources, re-imagine and develop strategic roadmap for a scalable/flexible market intelligence function
- Analyze strategies & tactics across multiple different vectors including: assortment, pricing, merchandising, marketing, customer experience and delivery.
- Leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights which business, functional and product leaders can leverage to capitalize on key marketplace dynamics
- Evaluate potential market entry alternatives, new offerings or go-to-market initiatives
- Partner with product & engineering leadership to develop key internal data & analysis capabilities
- Develop & disseminate comprehensive recommendations to key internal stakeholders
- Deeply understand key business metrics, becoming accountable for tracking and analysis of performance indicators
We are a lean team. To succeed in this role, you must operate with an ownership mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
You Should Have
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- 7-10 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 2 direct reports
- Approaches work like an owner. You can be handed a tough problem with limited context, ask smart questions and move things forward with little additional direction.
- Obstacles are problems to be solved and overcome, not a reason to delay progress. You will need to figure out how to get things done with incomplete data, lack of resources and objectives which shift as you learn.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to dive-deep, summarize, and clearly communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment (think 80/20)
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships and communicate with senior leadership
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- SQL and Tableau strongly preferred, Python for bonus points
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.