Sr. Reporting Analyst - Business Analytics
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This role supports Grainger's North American Sales and Services organization with particular focus on development and distribution of reporting and analytics solutions for the Pricing Execution, Sales Support, and Sourcing organization in addition to all elements of reporting intended for Grainger's customers. This position is located in our Lake Forest, IL headquarters location, in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
- Designs, implements and evaluates reports, data systems, advanced analytics, and tools to deliver information to internal partners and Grainger's customers.
- Perform detailed, advanced analysis to identify trends, operational issues and exceptions to drive improvement in financial outcomes, customer experience, and team performance.
- Collaborate with business partners and cross functional teams to define reporting requirements, and then translate those requirements into a final product that add value to internal teams and/or Grainger's customers.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to simplify, enhance, engineer, and re-engineer complex reporting processes and data systems.
- Analyze and translate large sets of raw data, correlate multiple metrics and present actionable conclusions to leadership and customers.
- Participate in developing and implementing reporting standards to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal departments to identify needed data to implement improvements and efficiencies.
- Take leadership roles of departmental project teams and coach junior team members in advanced level techniques.
- 3-5 years experience in a related field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, primarily in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP, SQL, Business Intelligence (SAP Business Objects, Tableau), Teradata and/or other database/reporting tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business maturity to support Sr. Leaders and Directors.
- Ability to foster, manage and leverage relationships across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate information requests into practical output results.
- Self-directed with accountability to make sound business decisions while demonstrating effective time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, and accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Some level of education in business analytics beneficial.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.