Sr. Scheduling & Forecasting Analyst
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a Senior Scheduling & Forecasting Analyst who will support the command center team on a variety of projects and assist team members in reporting, analysis, and workforce management. We’re super protective of our culture so leading by example is a must! It’s also important that you’re self-motivated and have a “whatever it takes” attitude. Oh and of course, providing stellar customer service is a must. This role will report to our Sr. Manager, Command Center. Our contact center continues to grow by leaps and bounds and we’re looking for the right people to come in and help us become more efficient. We’re looking for someone who is ready to dive in and start helping out.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Collaborate with Workforce Management team to forecast contact volumes, handle times, and staffing requirements for multiple departments within the GrubHub Care organization ( internal and external)
- Conduct analysis on the impact to service level performance by making adjustments to specialist schedules to ensure adequate resource coverage
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of long term staffing and hiring plans in support of SLAs, while working with our Command Center to ensure short term goals are met
- Maintain our workforce management software as it relates to forecasting and scheduling
- Participate in the deployment of GrubHub's strategic vision, acting as a subject matter expert on staffing and a steward to the delivery of exceptional service
- Improve Care workflow and suggest opportunities for increased efficiency through trend analysis
- Evaluate workforce efficiency providing recommendations to the management team to achieve specific call center goals in our pursuit to provide world class customer service
You Should Have
- Excellent Excel skills (index/match, sumifs, pivot tables, etc)
- 5+ years of call center analytical experience
- 3+ years of workforce management system experience, preferably Verint
- Exceptional communication skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt and work in a high volume environment
- Proven track record of successful process improvements
- A wide degree of creativity, it’s fun to work at Grubhub
- Ability to organize information and accurately follow procedures, with a strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative nature matched with a drive to affect positive change
Got These? Even Better:
- SQL experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.