Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 400,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
As a Strategy Associate at Cameo, you'll take ownership for developing key business objectives and solutions. You’ll leverage data to build tracking, develop scalable reporting, and influence business strategy. You will be a leader on our team and help establish a data driven culture.
You will be working primarily with Tableau to analyze and communicate insights via dashboards. A familiarity with Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides will be very helpful for presentations and communicating with teams across the business. You will rate strategy proposals based on business objectives, identify growth areas, and analyze models for data-driven strategy recommendations.
How you’ll crush it:
- Be excited about the massive opportunity at hand: spearheading data driven decision making and identity opportunities for change and growth.
- Identity business needs, coming up with proposals for achieving strategic visions.
- Thrive off being in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, communication, and hard work is critical.
- A desire and ability to seek truth from the noise in complex problems
- Collaborate with the team to identify knowledge gaps, define new opportunities, and leverage data to validate those hypotheses as a core step in our planning process.
- Collaborate closely with the Functional Heads, other Strategic Analysts, Data Analysts, and Data Engineers.
- Be confident in sharing your opinions and insights with the team - you’re on the front line after all!
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a data-centric role, bonus points if you’ve worked at a consulting big 3 or start up!
- You're an abstract thinker who can see clearly through complex data
- Data acumen to be able to create and back up empirical claims
- 2+ years experience with Tableau, Domo, Looker, or similar data visualization tool; Google Analytics and/or Mixpanel; Python and SQL
- Proven experience with Python
- Interest in and familiarity with NLP, predictive modeling, and other data science techniques, ideal, but not required.
- Philosophical inclination, the ability to contextualize these insights and make sure they align to our corporate goals.
- Known as a leader on your team; someone that is constantly being tasked with roles or accounts above your pay-grade.
- Most importantly, you’re someone that sees the glass half full and is excited to take on new challenges, initiatives, and projects!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.