Supply Chain Analyst
Peapod.com is the leading grocery delivery provider in the nation and we’ve been delivering innovative solutions for customers of our service for over 25 years. Our goal is to “Amaze & Delight” each of our customers, every day.
As a Supply Chain Specialist, you are responsible for providing the analytics to support such projects, actively participate in them, and even run some of them, all with the goal to increase operational efficiency and/or customer quality and process accuracy. The team supports and manages the relationship between Operations and IT Development, managing the prioritization of the IT and Operations business systems development road map, as well as serving as a central Operations Support group, providing assistance to the various Peapod operations in the form of analytical input into process questions, or project management support.
- Proactively and reactively conduct data analysis to support various improvement projects within the Operations and Supply Chain domains
- Develop, implement and lead projects focusing on tactical improvement of Peapods operations
- Drive ad-hoc slotting or warehouse remodel/redesign projects
- Support the weekly re-slotting cycle and ensure that the slotting playbook is executed as designed and that each of the operations adhere to the agreed upon process, guidelines and schedule
- Act as system experts for the configuration of Peapod’s various Warehouse Management Systems, understanding how to best influence operational efficiency through managing tactical parameters
- Act as liaison to IT Development, working with the various business partners to translate operational requests into actionable, sensible system enhancements
- Participate in bi-weekly reviews of the IT projects in progress, along with the backlog of requests awaiting bandwidth and sprint allocations
- Conduct demand analysis and operational capacity modeling working with Sales to project the long term capacity needs by market, creating an understanding of where the company would need to focus on either expanding or improving existing capacity
- Help design new fulfillment models and work with Peapod Engineering and departments like Construction to support facilitation and implementation
- Develop Investment Proposals for each of the above mentioned improvement initiatives with Finance and Investment Planning
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SQL and an affinity with data analysis and database structures is greatly preferred
- Experience with process modeling and development
- Oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience
- Availability to Travel (25%-35%)
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.