Technical Manager - Data
Who we are:
We help connect people with educators through personalized learning. We challenge ourselves to build the best products possible, value collaboration and communication and work hard to keep a relaxed, casual environment. Outside of getting things done, you can expect to find people who love learning, stick around after work to socialize or talk shop with people throughout the company after our weekly company demos.
Who you are:
As a data lead, you are responsible for managing a team to deliver work that has a direct impact on the business. You are someone who uses your experience and technical skills to provide better insights into our data through analysis and engineering practices, working with a highly collaborative team to deliver a great product experience for our customers.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management
- 2+ years experience working in a heavily product-focused environment
- Experience using statistical techniques to predict correlations and causal relationships
- Solid understanding of data flows and data architecture
- Excellent people skills to partner with key business stakeholders
- Proven experience hiring and growing a team
Optional, but awesome:
- Background in natural language processing and/or machine learning techniques
- Experience with designing and implementing stream-based processing systems
- Language experience in Python or R