Transportation Systems Analyst III at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
This role supports all PDL’s transportation planning systems including RoadNet, yield management (slots), MobileCast, driver handheld application and others. Continuously support and advance these technologies to optimize efficiency and outpace company order growth.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Continuously ensure a healthy and fully optimized RoadNet production routing environment Lead implementation of all RoadNet annual upgrades
- Work closely with the Windows and Business systems teams to constantly ensure production environment is running efficiently through CPU monitoring, database health, memory, etc.
- Lead development of driver handheld application, initial launch and all enhancements/bug fixes; working alongside Business Systems team.
- Work closely with Manager of Transportation Training & Safety to develop SOPs for driver handheld application
- Support the Supervisor/Lead of Transportation Planning with any ad hoc or immediate requests for assistance/investigation to ensure production routing is being completed on-time Own the accuracy of all tote cube data used for route planning purposes. Ensure that the settings/data is constantly monitored. Investigate and fix any discrepancies that may negatively affect planning or operations.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science
- 5+ years working in distribution network modeling, logistics analysis within last mile, home delivery or field service operations
- Advanced knowledge of route optimization systems from both a software, end-user and hardware/environment perspective. Route Optimization software such as RoadNet, Descartes, Cheetah, etc.
- Strong understanding of database technology in particular SQL Server
- Knowledge of iOS, cell phone hardware, AirWatch and custom developed software deployed on this technology platform
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to document/deliver technical or business requirements to the Business Systems, Windows or Web Team regarding all Transportation technology
- Strong communication skills to translate requirements back to IT teams
- Strong knowledge of PDL transportation operations including truck loading, all driver processes and customer interaction protocols
- Ability to interact closely with IT departments including business systems and web team. Understanding technical methodologies including web services, databases and software development
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
Peapod Digital Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.