Vice President, Healthcare Analytics
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences. Our analytics approach is focused on creating actionable insights that support providers to drive improvements in cost, quality and the experience of their patients.
As Vice President, Healthcare Analytics, you will be central to driving organizational success across multiple business and product lines. You will be responsible for designing and developing analytics programs, leveraging data from multiple data sources, to help drive optimal performance and efficiency. This role has direct-line accountability for a team, where you will be asked to provide mentorship, guidance and skillset development, while leading highly complex projects across our various markets.
What are examples of work that a Vice President, Healthcare Analytics will do at VillageMD?
- Build relationships with senior level operations and clinical leadership to understand multifaceted business problems and develop analytical solutions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in analytics methodologies and best practices, including outcomes measurement and study design.
- Scope, execute, and monitor reports and dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics across multiple markets.
- Communicate analytic concepts and findings to all levels of the organization. This includes developing communications that summarize conclusions, present actionable opportunities, and propose strategic and operational options.
- Be independently accountable for generating insights and for applying these insights in local VillageMDmarkets to improve performance across Medicare and Commercial lines of business
- Support the implementation of new VillageMD business models and product lines
- Function as a senior level coach and mentor to analysts; ensure quality results across the team while scaling our analytics functionality
- Provide direction in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models and machine learning algorithms
What will make you successful here?
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; ability to work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: Bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Analytical: Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Flexible: Ability to navigate within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: Distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: Orientation to team-based work product and results
- Humility: Low ego; engenders trust; respectful
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Graduate degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in an analytical role in the healthcare industry
- Experience in supporting economic analysis of cost and utilization trend drivers, trend forecasting, and driving improved outcomes in a value-based payment models across multiple lines of business
- Strong accountability for results; including ownership of large-scale analytics initiatives
- Skill and experience in interfacing with senior level business and clinical leadership to create opportunity for analytics to drive efficiency and change
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources, including payer, provider, consumer and workflow data
- Proven achievement in putting data into practice and successfully engaging business partners to drive change
- Experience in managing a highly skilled analytics team and mentoring to provide guidance and insight in the context of complex business environments
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts and findings verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel (20-30% of time)
*To understand the near future for VillageMD and our Analytics division, please have a look at these recent press releases!
- VillageMD partnership with Walgreens
- [email protected]: Home-Based Primary Care
- First of it's kind: DocOS, a Primary Care-centric operating system
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.