What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Head of Consumer Insights leads a team of market research professionals serving the ADUSA brands and building enterprise capabilities. They work consultatively with key decision makers to influence key strategic and tactical decisions. This requires leading a high performing, technically sound insights team that also works consultatively with key clients, tailoring and translating research data into timely, accurate, insightful and predictive information for key constituencies to help drive business results.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Sets strategic plan for consumer insights, overseeing and directing all facets of qualitative research efforts across the enterprise, including identification of relevant strategic and tactical metrics, development of predictive models, and progressive qualitative and quantitative consumer research methods
- Defines and drives the planning execution of all customer research priorities including but not limited to:
- Customer satisfaction and tracking across all banners and brands (e.g. NPS, customer satisfaction and service elements)
- Brand level insights and tracking for all brands across the estate
- Operational market research and competitive insights tracking
- Customer experience and human centered design research
- Ensures timely execution and application of advanced market research methodologies and approaches (e.g. conjoint, maxdiff, etc.)
- Identify growth opportunities across the business utilizing market research and market competitive intelligence insights.
- Ensures objectivity in the search for ""truth"" especially when it runs counter to popular opinion.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 12+ years in marketing/sales/merchandising and market research at a market research, packaged goods or retail firm.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Graduate degree/MBA, preferred
- Ability to communicate and distill key insights to persuade executive management to activate change and force action against insights
- Effective storyteller and advocate “as the voice of the customer” to the executive team at ADUSA
- The ability to lead a team that will weave both quantitative research, qualitative research and customer experience, and advanced analytics insights to unlock new business opportunities and growth vectors for the enterprise
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.