The Marketing store has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. We are assembling some of the sharpest creative minds in the industry and we’re looking to add to the team. Our McDonald's Retail Marketing Group will be focused on turning out the most effective, brand building, behavior changing, print and digital marketing materials imaginable for one of the most iconic brands in the world. Our through-the-line model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail activations that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We’re support collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
The Art Director is a key creative team member. This person blends ‘classic’ and ‘emerging’ art direction skills and is responsible for the successful conceptualization and execution of creative initiatives. He/she supports the creative team, takes concepts and creates tangible reality while seeing the development and execution of creative projects through completion. Working closely with creative management, clients and account management teams, the Art Director ensures creative solutions are delivered per client expectation while meeting internal standards.
The Art Director displays passion and curiosity about new opportunities and techniques that are grounded by classical training/experience and contributes to the agency's creative product with solid experience in both mass and digital.
- Works with Creative and Account Service to gather information about a product or service and develops and executes creative concepts.
- Works with Creative Directors and Copywriters to create ideas for marketing campaigns, POP merchandising, experiential, social and digital.
- Provide creative design in various marketing channels to visually communicate a concept.
- Supervises and executes specification and design of typography, photography retouching, color correcting and cropping of final art.
- Partners with creative team members and promotes ideas.
- Participates in project meetings with other creative team members, internal departments, and account teams to communicate rationale behind design executions.
- Organizes multiple jobs and projects on a daily basis, meet deadlines and expectations, and measure and improve productivity.
- Meets team goals based on specific Client objectives.
- Stays current with the latest techniques, photographers, illustrators, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of and skill with creative Macintosh software and keeps abreast of changes and new technology.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years working as an art director in an Advertising Agency setting
- Possession of a related Bachelors’ degree, Graphic Design, New Media Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in QSR, CDR or food packaged goods is essential.
- Knowledgeable experience supervising photography / photo shoots - primarily food is preferred.
- Has strong working knowledge of photography, illustration, print and digital production.
- A demonstrated ability to expand thinking to integrated channels - specifically digital and social media.
- Strong conceptual and design skills.
- Fully proficient in MAC operating software (Photo Shop & InDesign) and MS Office (Word & PowerPoint).
- Experience with design - cloud based apps (Sketch, Zeplin)
- Proven experience working with mass advertising concepts.
- Able to collaborate with all levels of internal and external partners.
- Able to work with little direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work on conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be passionate and curious about the blending world of communication and technology.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.