Associate Experience Designer at Rocket Travel, Inc
Whether it's serving travelers or our partners, we believe great design starts by putting the customer first. Rocketmiles is looking for a customer-obsessed Associate Experience Designer to join our growing Design team. You'll work on partner launches in this role, collaborating closely with our international partnerships team, product folks, engineers, and some of the biggest brands in the world. You'll help illustrate the partner's vision through high-fidelity prototyping and mock-ups in Figma. You'll also help ideate, test, and optimize features on our platform.
As an Associate Experience Designer at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Work as a design generalist. You'll execute all aspects of design, including prototyping, user research, interaction design, and visual design.
- Talk to customers. You'll get to know our customers through shadowing, interviews, and basic usability tests.
- Present multiple solutions to a problem. You'll share work and receive feedback from multiple disciplines.
- Act as a partner. Silos aren't our thing; you'll be a partner to product, engineering, customer loyalty, business development, and others around the company.
- Receive mentorship from the Experience Design team. We are here to help you grow. Whether it's participating in our weekly design critique, collaborating on a feature, or learning new methods, you're receiving feedback from some of the best in the industry.
- You have a portfolio of work to share. Whether it's from freelancing, interning, or class projects, you have 3-5 pieces of work that demonstrate your thought process and skills in visual design, interaction design, and research.
- You're eager to learn and seek feedback. You have a growth mindset, are comfortable soliciting feedback, and are curious to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- You're familiar with the Human-Centered Design process. You know how to keep the customer at the front and center of each project while balancing the needs of the business and technology.
- You balance exploration with execution. Exploration and execution are both key to building innovative experiences. You understand when it's time to explore and when it's time to deliver.
- You're familiar with current design tools. Our team uses Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we're all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.