Creative Director - FTD Companies
FTD, the 108-year-old iconic floral brand along with several other floral and gifting brands in two primary locations (San Diego and Chicago), is reinventing itself and we're looking for a passionate, driven, experienced Creative Leader to join our digital leadership team.
We are in the midst of a major digital transformation across all of our brands and platforms. This is a unique opportunity to tactically and strategically make your mark as a senior leader within the Company.
The position will report to the CDO, responsible for the US consumer businesses, in our downtown Chicago office, with Marketing (all channel managers), Merchandising, four US business brands (ProFlowers, FTD.com, Personal Creations, and Gourmet Foods) and Technology all key peer organizations within the same department. You'll be a right-hand to the CDO and GM's in all things creative--and help create innovative, relevant content that resonates across channels down through the consumer experience. We need to elevate the brand(s), through the respective brand leaders, but we need to "get our house in order" both in creative and across CX before we redefine and shape this brand strategy. So like all executives and leaders in the company, we prize hands-on management--in combination with creating a truly enabling culture to "get things done."
What we will provide:
- Tip of the spear...you are the front-end to almost everything our customers see and experience across a multitude of channels and down through the site experience. Starting the largest combined floral company in the world and ultimately impacting four US brands by creating an optimized COE and determining the best organization structure to meet our drive to excellence.
- Part of a historic and iconic brand--and helping us not just breath life back into the brand(s) but help elevate it to landmark heights providing inputs and executing the strategies developed by the brand leaders. We have a right to this lofty stature!
- A set of values to stimulate creativity. A customer-first promise, tight silo-less collaboration, calculated risk-taking and listening to each other--you are a critical part of the leadership team!
- A voice--a significant voice with exposure throughout all levels of the organization from the board and the CEO, all the way across the organization. This is a highly visible position--but we share the pressures and advancements of the Company.
What we seek you to provide:
- An excellent broad understanding of e-commerce including all aspects of marketing from retention (email), paid digital channels, TV, and Radio (our biggest holidays are V-day and M-day, and we are very "direct response" in nature); and the innovative Creative to help make it successful!
- The skills and desire to mentor and shape and transform the internal creative team--comfortable "rolling up your sleeves" to understand how what is being done and how it can be done better. Optimize processes, get in tight synchronicity with brands and channel managers.
- Work external partners in close conjunction with our strategy and tactical. Create the right/perfect mix of inside vs. outside covering all aspects of creative. Ensure we meet our implicit promises to our customers and explicit guarantees to our shareholders.
- You are on the digital leadership team--and as we come out of our busy season in Q2, contribute to the definition, and lead the execution to an innovative and meaningful brand strategy. This is a massive opportunity for the person who can spend several months learning the business--then really help to propel it forward
So, if you are an experienced Creative Director with the heart to tackle big challenges, a desire to build and lead a high performance creative team, understanding of the digital footprint of web content, e-commerce marketing and mass media the drive to re-establish a brands rightful place in the world, and commensurate experience--having both the book / background / behaviors to demonstrate it, send your resume and if possible a link to [email protected] ... and take time to smell the roses--ours are the best!