Design Manager- Chicago
If you’re passionate about great visual design and have the desire to do meaningful work and make a big impact in your field, this is an opportunity for you to do so at a fast growing company. The Design Manager will bring experience working in multi-disciplinary team with a desire to learn and lead graphic designers who, like you, want to unpack and solve big problems with design.
What We're Looking For:
- Proficiency providing the strategic and creative rationale, while understanding the technical aspects to deliver
- Proficiency in project management, driving project briefs and any process and efficiency related work
- Experience mentoring, inspiring, leading designers and must have direct reports if applicable
- Skilled at typography, hierarchy, composition, and any kind of graphic element
- Skilled at building grid systems and style sheets
- Skilled at creating style guides and initiating design workshops
- Skilled at starting initiatives/projects and leading teams to success, following through and adoption
- Skilled at handling feedback and constructive criticism from others, as well as giving feedback to others
- Highly skilled at leading larger projects with three or more designers that will impact the entire region
- Expert in building design systems that impact the work flows of all designers regionally
- BFA at a Design school or equivalent education/experience, MFA is a plus
- Design agency or In-house creative studio experience a plus
- Must have expertise in Creative Suite
- 8–13+ years of experience
At Compass You Will:
- Be responsible for setting a tone and working withDesigners to create processes for projects that ensure the highest level of quality for design work conceptually and in execution.
- Work on Creative Strategy with Directors/Leads and Marketing to develop in depth projects from start to finish.
- Design top quality work in line with agency standards for our agents across all media, especially for brand identities and agent style guide work
- Present ideas to other departments and agents about design.
- Share experience from previous agencies and companies to inspire design critiques and design discussions.
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases.
- Manage, support and inspire a team of direct reports.
- Work with Creative and Design Directors/Leads to ensure design work exceeds client expectations to own an area of Creative Expertise in their region