We are looking for a talented multi-faceted Designer with a keen eye on typography, digital layout, and art direction. Youll be partnering with UX designers, developers, architects, and researchers to create visually engaging experiences. As a team, were tremendously passionate about human-centered design, and advocating for the user at every step of our process. In this role, your voice would be core to ensuring the very experiences youre designing are as intuitive and accessible as they are dynamic.
- Empathetically advocating for the user
- Welcoming to constructive critique and iterates a project start-to-finish
- Working with User Experience Architects (UXA) to pair great design with great functionality
- Ability to work on projects in a team / partner environment
- Ability to work and deliver independently
- Strong communication skills / ability to present designs to product teams and stakeholders
- Translate business requirements into visually appealing experiences
- Cross-departmental independent communication as needed to iterate and complete project milestones
- As a brand owner, research best practices for design, and push for cross-project consistency
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient at juggling multiple projects / deadlines simultaneously
Required Role Qualifications:
- BS in Design or equivalent and 2 years experience or 4 years experience in field
- Portfolio of work with a story. Please provide when applying and be prepared to present if interviewed
- Strong capabilities in Illustrator and Photoshop with emphasis on vector
- Understanding how to design with software framework limitations / guidelines
- Basic understanding of web design languages (HTML, CSS)
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.