Director of Product Design
Director of Product Design
As the Director of Product Design, you will lead a small team set for growth as it works through some of the most engaging, interesting and rewarding UX challenges out there. You and your team will work alongside Product Owners and Frontend Engineers, driving UX and UI for applications and features centered around our Natural Language Generation technology. The responsibilities will include product definition, designing user flows, wireframes, and pixel-perfect mockups; building prototypes; and conducting user research and usability testing (through a variety of mediums).
As a Director, you will need to be a thought leader within the company, define and implement design process, drive and inspire your team to succeed, invest in and grow your people, and optimize your team for the timely delivery of design assets with the vision and user research necessary to ensure the success of our technology.
You will be grabbing the helm of a Design team at a fast-growing company with a lot of amazing work ahead of us, so you should be a self-starter as well as someone deeply invested in and excited about the mission of Narrative Science.
- Optimize, operationalize and inspire a team of talented individuals towards a shared mission
- Ensure the success of our next-generation NLG platform by overseeing the creation of world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, product requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes (either by coding or with tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc) to communicate your ideas to your org and the company-at-large
- Oversee detailed user-interface specifications and style guide
- Prioritize project work for the team- we have a series of ongoing, long-term initiatives that require UX/UI attention.
- Define goals and metrics for the sake of data-driven design iterations
- Continuously network and recruit for your team
- 3-5+ years experience leading and growing a design team
- 5-10+ years of professional UX/UI design experience for web or desktop applications
- Understanding of hypothesis-driven design, including the design research process (qualitative interviews, focus groups, moderation, and information synthesis) and design-thinking principles
- Experience with Sketch/Illustrator and/or Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Expertise with user interface design patterns and methodologies
- Proven ability of user testing and related methodologies/tools
- Expertise with wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalent)
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile process
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with designing enterprise application/platform tools
- Experience with designing BI/Data Management tools
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio or samples of work.
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.