Rocket Travel is looking for a customer-obsessed Experience Designer to join our Design team and rapidly growing global workforce. We're a hybrid team headquartered out of Chicago's West Loop, with team members spread out Globally. This position can work from anywhere in the U.S.AS AN EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, YOU WILL:
- Work as a design generalist. You’ll execute all aspects of design including user research, interaction design, and visual design.
- Talk to customers. You’ll get to know our customers through shadowing, interviews, and basic usability tests.
- Present multiple solutions to a problem. You’ll share work and receive feedback from multiple disciplines.
- Act as a partner. Silos aren’t our thing; you’ll be a partner to product, engineering, customer loyalty, business development, and others around the company.
- You’ve shipped products in the past. We’re looking for someone with experience bringing ideas to life and evolving them.
- You’re familiar with the Human-Centered Design process. You know how to keep the customer at the front and center of each project while balancing the needs of the business and technology.
- You seek feedback. You have a growth mindset, are comfortable soliciting feedback, and are curious to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- You balance exploration with execution. Exploration and execution are both key to building innovative experiences. You understand when it’s time to explore and when it’s time to deliver.
- You’re familiar with current design tools. You’ve used Sketch, Invision, and excited to dive into Figma.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days.
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health and dental insurance, and travel benefits
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of the Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocket Travel has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.