Head of Brand & Creative at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
As our Head of Brand & Creative at Clearcover, you will cast vision from concepts to pilot designs. You will be a big picture thinker, you should be able to close your eyes and see the final project even though it has not been created yet. You need to be a strong leader, have fine-tuned analytical skills, and be open to other people’s opinions and concepts.
What will you do?
- Set and champion the brand and creative strategy for Clearcover to ensure consistent brand look and voice across key customer touch points.
- Lead, iterate, create, and produce creative work focused on digital and print channels, including our website, events, advertising, web and mobile products, emails, social presences, and the like.
- Lead, develop, and inspire an internal team of creatives and designers. Manage external contractors and freelance teams against a variety of projects.
- Develop and maintain a referenceable, organization-wide set of brand guidelines, regularly orient new colleagues to these guidelines, and implement efficient brand governance processes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Customer Advocacy, Growth, HR, Leadership, Marketing, and Product to drive alignment on the brand and creative strategy.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop quarterly and annual business objectives.
- Manage time as both creator and manager to lead and execute on creative campaigns that support companywide objectives – managing team workflow, traffic, and deadlines.
- Strike the right balance between creative excellence and speed of delivery.
- Provide creative direction for internal and external photo and video shoots to ensure consistent brand look.
- Develop and champion consumer insights from consumer and market research initiatives (surveys, persona interviews, stakeholder interviews).
- Partner with analytics teams to deepen market and consumer understanding and consistently measure brand recall and recognition.
What do you need?
- 8+ years of relevant creative and brand experience.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in leading, developing, and inspiring creative and design team members.
- Ability to collaborate with marketing, engineering, product, and people teams to deliver consistent branding.
- Deep understanding and proficiency in conceptual brand storytelling.
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of design/content.
- Strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting an encouraged brand standard for aesthetic and communication quality.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on driving value in the customer experience just as much as the end-user experience through engaging collateral and branding.
- A network of creative and design subject matter experts who you can tap into for support on short-term projects.
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.