Head of Design
What You'll Do:
As Head of Design, you will lead the overall product design direction and execution across STATS' portfolio of products including user research, interaction design and visual design. Because we are a data and analytics driven company, a passion for information visualization is a strong plus. You will build and lead a small but dynamic team and collaborate with a design-driven leadership team to continue to find innovative ways to deliver on our mission statement.
Your portfolio reflects a keen ear for user needs, simplicity in design, and a pragmatic approach to execution. You are a strong conceptual thinker that can see the big picture yet sweat the small details. You have lead user experience professionals in pushing the edges of forward-thinking design.
- Recruit, and provide leadership to a team of Designers across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices that form the STATS portfolio.
- Deliver a user experience vision, and a plan for iterative updates in achieving that vision.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other product leaders in effectively executing that vision.
- Be a tireless advocate for the user and evangelize the importance of user feedback, and data-driven decision making in informing great design.
- Communicate evolution of design ideas clearly, consistently, and effectively to a variety of audiences and skill sets
What You'll Need:
- 7 years of experience as a user experience professional or human factors engineer
- 2 years of experience leading and/or managing design teams
- Design portfolio with examples of digital design, and information visualization
- Ability to travel up to 20%
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.